Bibliography of Articles on Collaborative Process or Conflict Resolution
- Paxton B., Churchill B. and E. McNaughton, “Conflict Resolution Strategies Presentation” PDF Slide Presentation. (February 2016)
- Arrendondo, D. and L. Edwards, “Attachment, Bonding, and Reciprocal Connectedness” Journal of the Center of Families, Children & The Courts (2000) 109.
- Bacon, B. and B. McKenzie, “Best Practices in Parent Information and Education Programs After Separation and Divorce” Family Mediation Canada (summer/Fall 2001)
- Benedek, Elissa P. and Brown, Catherine F. How to Help your Child Overcome Your Divorce: A Support Guide for Families. (New York: Newmarket, 1998). (re children 12 and under)
- Blau, Melinda. Families Apart: Ten Keys to Successful Co-Parenting. (New York: Berkley Publishing Group, 1993; also Putnam (paperback), 1995).
- Braver, Sanford L. Divorced Dads: Shattering the Myths. (New York: Jeremy P. Tarcher / Putnam, 1998).
- Coloroso, Barbara. Kids Are Worth It: Giving Your Child the Gift of Inner Discipline (Toronto: Sornevill House Publishing, 1994).
- “Developmental Considerations in Parenting After Separation” Alberta Family Mediation Society.
- Dillon, P. and R. Emery, “Divorce Mediation and Resolution of Child Custody Disputes: Long-Term Effects” American Journal of Orthosychiatry, (66:1) (January 1996) 131.
- Falser, Adele and Mazlish, Elaine. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk (New York: Avon Books, 1980).
- Farrell, Warren. Father and Child Reunion: How to Bring the Dads We Need to the Children We Have (New York: Jeremy P. Tarcher / Putnam, 2001).
- Gamache, Susan. “Is it therapy?” The Collaborative Review: Journal of the IACP 5 (1), ( 2003).
- Gamache, Susan. “Collaborative Practice: A New Opportunity to Address Children’s Best Interest in Divorce.” Louisiana Law Review, Vol. 65 (4) (2005).
- Goldstein, Sal. Divorced Parenting: How to Make It Work (Toronto: McClelland – Bantam, 1984).
- “Information About Child and Access” Family Mediation Manitoba News Letter (3:1) (November 1991) 2.
- Kalter, Neil. Growing Up With Divorce: Helping Your Child Avoid Immediate and Later Emotional Problems (New York: Fawcett Columbine, 1990).
- Kelly, J. “Children’s Adjustment in Conflicted Marriage and Divorce: A Decade Review of Research” Journal of the American Academy of Child Adolescent Psychiatry (39:8)
(August 2000) 963.
- Kelly, J. and M. Lamb, “Using Child Development Research to Make Appropriate Custody and Access Decisions for Young Children” Family and Conciliation Courts Review (38:3) (July 2000) 297.
- Klatte, William C. Live-Away Dads: Staying a Part of Your Children’s Lives When They Aren’t A Part of Your Home (New York: Penguin, 1999).
- Kruk, Edward. Parallel Parenting After Divorce: Making Co-parenting Work in High Conflict Families Psychology Today (Sept 1, 2013)
- Lansky, Vicki. Divorce Book for Parents (New York: New American Library (Penguin), 1989). Also available as a Signet paperback.
- McDounough, Hanna and Bartha, Christina. Putting Children First: A Guide for Parents Breaking Up (University of Toronto Press, 1999).
- Miller, J., “Techniques and Strategies to Promote Shared Parenting” (September 17, 2001), online: http://www.familylawcentre.com.
- Neuman, M. Garry. Helping Your Kids Cope With Divorce: The Sandcastles Way (New York: Random House, 1998).
- Newman, George. 101 Ways to be a Long-Distance Super Dad…or Mom Too! (Blossom Valley Press, 1996).
- Nielson, L., “Demeaning, Demoralizing, and Disenfranchising Divorced Dads: A Review of the Literature” Journal of Divorce & Remarriage (31:3/4) (1999) 139.
- Ricci, Isolina. Mom’s House, Dad’s House: Making Two Homes for Your Child (2nd) (Fireside, 1997).
- Royko, David. Voices of Children of Divorce (New York: Golden Books, 1999).
- Vannoy, Steven W. The 10 Greatest Gifts I Give My Children, Parenting From the Heart (New York: Fireside, 1994).
- Wolf, Anthony. Why Did You Have to Get a Divorce? And When Can I Get a Hamster?: A Guide to Parenting Through Divorce (New York: Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 1998).
- Wolfelt, Alan D. and Raelynn Maloney. Healing After Divorce: 100 Practical Ideas for Kids. (Companion Press, 2011).
Coping with Divorce/Relationships/Communication
- Cochrane, Michael G. Surviving Divorce: The Everyday Guide for Canadians (Prentice-Hall Canada Inc., 1991).
- Eddy, William. High Conflict People in Legal Disputes. (Janis Publications, 2006).
- Fischer, Bruce. Rebuilding When your Relationship Ends (Impact Publishers 1998).
- Ford, D. Spiritual Divorce: Divorce as a Catalyst for an Extraordinary Life. (San Francisco: Harper, 2001).
- Gamache, Susan. “What a divorce coach can do for you: welcome to the Olympics.”The Collaborative Review: Journal of the IACP 4(1), (2002).
- Gladwell, Malcolm. Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking (2007).
- Hetherington, E. Mavis and Kelly, John. For Better or For Worse, Divorce Reconsidered (New York: W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. 2002).
- Kottler, Jeffrey A. Beyond Blame: A New Way of Resolving Conflicts in Relationship (Josssey – Bass, 1994).
- Kubler-Ross, Elisabeth. On Death and Dying.
- Kwong, M., K. Bartholomew and D. Dutton, “Gender Differences in Patterns of Relationship Violence” Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science (31:1) (1999) 150.
- Martin, K. and S. Elder, “Pathways Through Grief: A Map for Life’s Most Painful Journey” Living Through Loss (Spring/Summer 1996) 1.
- Martin, K. and S. Elder, “Pathways Through Grief: A Model of the Process” Personal Care in an Impersonal World 73.
- McArdle, E. “Divorce Without the Bloodshed” Lawyers Weekly USA (November 11, 2001), online: http://www.lawyersweekly.com/alert/usa/divorce.htm.
- Mosten, F. “Client Libraries’ Help Clients Educate Themselves” Lawyers Weekly USA (December 2, 1996) B8.
- Rosenberg, M. Non-Violent Communication. Puddle Dancer Press, 2003.
- Ross, Julie A. and Corcoran, Judy. Joint Custody with a Jerk: Raising a Child with An Uncooperative Ex (New York: St. Martin’s Press, 1996).
- Roussos, P. “It is Therapy.” The Collaborative Review; Journal of the IACP 5(1) (2003).
- Siegel, Daniel J.,M.D. Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation (2010).
- Stone, Douglas, Bruce Patton, Sheila Heen. Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most (Viking, 1999).
- Strand Ellison, Sharon. Taking the War Out of Our Words. (Wyatt-MacKenzie Publishing, 2007).
- Vinters, Christina. Pathways to Amicable Divorce. (Free eBook Self-Published, 2016)
- Wolfelt, Alan D. Transcending Divorce. (Companion Press, 2008).
- Brandenburger, Adam. M. and Barry J. Nalebuff. Co-opetition (New York: Doubleday, 1996).
- Fisher, Roger and Scott Brown. Getting Together: Building Relationship As We Negotiate (Penguin, 1988).
- Fisher, Roger, Elizabeth Kopelman and Andrea Schneider. Beyond Machiavelli: Tools for Coping With Conflict (Howard University Press, 1994).
- Fisher, Roger and Daniel Shapiro. Beyond Reason: Using Emotions as you Negotiate. (2005)
- Fisher, Roger and William Ury. Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In (3rd) (Penguin, 1991).
- Fuller, George. The Negotiator’s Handbook (Prentice-Hall, 1991).
- Kennedy, Gavin. The New Negotiating Edge: The Behavioural Approach for Results and Relationships (London: Nicholas Brealey Publishing, 1998).
- Kennedy, Gavin. Profitable Negotiation (London: Orion Business Books, 1999).
- Kritek, Phyllis Beck. Negotiating at an Uneven Table: A Practical Approach to Working with Difference and Diversity (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1994).
- Lewicki, Roy J., David M. Saunders, and John W. Minton. Negotiation (3rd edition) (Irwin McGraw-Hill, 1999).
- MacFarlane, Julie. “Why Do People Settle?” McGill Law Journal, Volume 46, page 663.
- MacFarlane, Julie. The New Lawyer: How Settlement is Transforming the Practice of Law.” (UBC Press, 2008).
- Mnookin, Robert H. Scott R. Peppet, and Andrew S. Telumello. Beyond Winning: Negotiating to Create Value in Deals and Disputes (Harvard University Press, 2000).
- Nierenberg, Gerard I. The Art of Negotiating (New York, Simon & Schuster, 1981).
- Ury, William. Getting Past No. (1993).
- Ury, William. The Power of a Positive No: Save the Deal, Save the Relationship, and Still Say No. (2007)
- Vinters, Christina. Pathways to Amicable Divorce: Directions for the Beginning of Separation. (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2016)
- Warschaw, Tessa Albert. Winning by Negotiation (McGraw-Hill, 1980).
- Bush, Robert A. Baruch and Joseph P. Folger. The Promise of Mediation: Responding to Conflict Through Empowerment and Recognition (Jossey-Bass, 1994).
- Cloke, Kenneth. Mediating Dangerously.
- Cloke, Kenneth. The Crossroads of Conflict.
- Coulson, Robert. Family Mediation (2nd) (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1996).
- Irving, Howard H., and Michael Benjamin. Family Mediation: Theory and Practice of Dispute Resolution (Carswell, 1987).
- Landau, Barbara, Mario Bartoletti and Ruth Mesbur. Family Mediation Handbook (2nd) (Butterworths, 1997).
- Macfarlane, Julie. Dispute Resolution: Readings and Case Studies (Ermond Montgomery Publications Limited, 1999).
- Mayer, Bernard. The Dynamics of Conflict Resolution: A Practitioner’s Guide (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2000).
- Moore, Christopher W. The Mediation Process: Practical Strategies for Resolving Conflict (2nd) (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1996).
- Mosten, Forest S. “Newspaper Advertising and Demographics” in Operating a Profitable Mediation Practice (Los Angeles, 1999).
- Ahrons, Constance. The Good Divorce (1998).
- Cameron, Nancy. Collaborative Practice: Deepening the Dialogue. (Vancouver: The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC, 2004).
- Collaborative Review, a periodical published by the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. www.collaborativepractice.com
- Fagenstrom, Karen et al. Divorce: A Problem to be Solved, Not a Battle to be Fought (1997).
- Stoner, Katherine E. Divorce Without Court: A Guide To Mediation and Collaborative Divorce (2006).
- Tesler, Pauline H. Collaborative Law: Achieving Effective Resolution in Divorce Without Litigation (2nd) (American Bar Association, 2009).
- Tesler, Pauline H. and Peggy Thompson. Collaborative Divorce: The Revolutionary New Way to Restructure Your Family, Resolve Legal Issues, and Move on with Your Life (New York: Regan Books, 2006).
- Webb, Stuart and Ron Ousky. The Collaborative Way to Divorce: The Revolutionary Method That Results in Less Stress, Lower Costs, and Happier Kids – Without Going To Court (New York: Hudson Street, 2006).
Books for Children
Very Young- Elementary School
- Prestine, Joan Singleton. Mom and Dad Break Up (Fearon Teacher Aids, 1996).
- Stern, Evan and Ellen Sue Stern. Divorce is Not the End of the World. (Tricycle Press, 2008).
- Thomas, Pat. My Family’s Changing: A First Look at Family Break-Up (Great Britain: MacDonald Young Books, 1998).
- Cochrane, Michael G. Surviving Your Parents’ Divorce: A Guide for Young Canadians (Scarborough: Prentice-Hall Canada Inc., 1996).