Membership with the Okanagan Collaborative Family Law Group provides opportunities for referrals through website listings, group networking; information at after-work meetings, brown bag lunches, study groups, workshops and annual training or retreats.
Lawyers & Financial Professionals
A further $50 reduction if the applicant is a member of International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
Insurance: All members require professional liability insurance, at the minimum coverage required by their own professional organization.
Course work: Lawyers must have completed both of the following courses. Divorce Coaches, Child Specialists, and Financial Professionals require the Collaborative Training only, within one year of their initial membership.
- Collaborative Training (2 day training program)
- Mediation Training (lawyers must complete the requirements set out by the Law Society of British Columbia; basic mediation training is recommended for other professionals)
Annual Requirements: All members must complete 10 hours each year made up of any of the following:
- Attendance at OCFLG meetings, Brown Bag Lunch sessions, study groups, workshops or retreat,
- Participation in collaborative files,
- Membership in an OCFLG Committee (Membership, Marketing, Website, etc.), and/or
- Other ongoing collaborative training to be approved by the Membership Committee.
- Member in good standing with BC Law Society
Please describe your experience on your application form for consideration by the Membership Committee.
- expertise in child development, clinical experience with a specialty focus on children and an in-depth understanding of children’s unique issues in divorce.
Member in good standing of the Mental Health requisite mental health registration body that meets one of the designations set out below.
- R. Psych (Registered Psychologist in BC)
- MSW/RSW (Master of Social Work/Registered SW BC)
- RCC (Registered Clinical Counselor in BC)
- LMFT/AAMFT (Licensed Marriage Family Therapist/American Marriage and Family Therapist)
- CCC (Canadian Clinical Counselor)
- CCPA (Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association)
Member in good standing of Registration body that meets one of the designations set out below:
- CA (Chartered Accountant)
- CFP (Certified Financial Planner)
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
- CBV (Chartered Business Valuator)
- CGA (Certified General Accountant)